- This event has passed.
National Awkward Moments Day
On March 18th, we recognize National Awkward Moments Day. This is an annual day that every person can relate to. We have all had our awkward moments from time to time. They are a part of life; they just happen.
Awkwardness or embarrassment is defined as an emotional state of intense discomfort with oneself.
Have you ever called someone by the wrong name, tripped over nothing, walked into a door, had the completely wrong words come out of your mouth, or just forgotten what you were doing? The list could go on and on. Sometimes, things just do not seem to go right and something happens that may make you feel like you want to run and hide. No matter the day, today, or any other day, everyone has them.
HOW TO OBSERVE AWKWARD MOMENTS DAY
- Find the ability to laugh at yourself, see the humor in awkward moments and have fun with them.
- Relive old awkward moments by telling stories about them. Laugh over them and enjoy the memory.
- Help someone else recover from an awkward moment. They may be embarrassing at first. However, the humor in these moments shows just how human we can be.
- Keep in mind that no one is perfect, ever.
- Wear humility like a cloak and laugh at yourself.
- Use #AwkwardMomentsDay to post on social media.