The Youngstown Press Club recently elected officers and a board of governors at
its annual meeting. Their two-year terms begin July 1, 2023.
Elected at the club’s annual meeting on April 26 were:
- President – Lori Factor, director of communications for Potential Development School for
Students with Autism
- President-Elect – Malaynia Spiva, co-anchor for WFMJ Today and 21 News Midday
- Past-President – George Nelson, deputy managing editor at The Business Journal
- Treasurer – Adam Earnheardt, professor of communication and general education
coordinator at Youngstown State University
- Secretary – Aundrea Cika Heschmeyer, president of Marquee Creatives
- At Large – JoAnn Kolarik, account executive for WFMJ-TV
- At Large – Brenda Linert, editor of the Tribune Chronicle and The Vindicator
- At Large – Jordan Cohen, retired news director for WFMJ-TV and former public relations
and media relations professional.
The club, which re-established in 2018 to promote journalism and other communication-related professions in the Mahoning Valley, also announced the appointment of a new executive director. Diane Laney Fitzpatrick will carry out the day-to-day operations of the club. She is a former reporter for The Vindicator, the Tribune Chronicle and The Morning Journal of Columbiana County, and has worked as a writer and marketing consultant. Recognized for their contributions to the club were outgoing board member Mary Beth Earnheardt and former executive directors Adam Earnheardt and Tim Fitzpatrick. Also recognized were past board members Derek Steyer and Aileen Blaine.
The Youngstown Press Club holds events throughout the year for local journalists and
communications professionals, including a speaker series, a World Press Freedom Day recognition, networking and social events, and a Hall of Fame and awards banquet. More information about the Youngstown Press Club can be found at www.youngstownpressclub.com.