Committed to education and scholarship, the Youngstown Press Club awards college scholarships to juniors and seniors studying journalism and related fields.
This year (2023) the Youngstown Press Club will award its first scholarships: One $2,000 scholarship for a journalism major and one $2,000 scholarship for related fields in communications, such as public relations, marketing, broadcasting, and communications-related fields, will be awarded.
The scholarships will be awarded to students from a five-county area in the Mahoning and Shenango valleys entering their junior or senior year of college.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and must submit proof of their GPA.
- Applicants must live in one of the following counties: Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana in Ohio, and Mercer and Lawrence in Pennsylvania. Applicants may be enrolled in schools outside these counties.
- Applicants must submit a minimum of two writing or broadcast samples.
- Applicants should provide examples of community involvement.
- Deadline to apply is June 30, 2023.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend the annual Youngstown Press Club Hall of Fame and Awards Banquet on Sept. 7, 2023.
Access scholarship application HERE
After filling in the scholarship application, download it to your computer. Applications and all attachments should be emailed to the Youngstown Press Club at email@example.com no later than June 30, 2023.
Fundraising and Donations
The Youngstown Press Club raises funds throughout the year for its scholarship fund. Stay tuned for opportunities to become a sponsor or donor to scholarships.