In honor of April’s Month of the Military Child, Our Military Kids is celebrating this year’s Courageous Kids Contest winners.
Our Military Kids® (OMK), a national nonprofit providing extracurricular activity grants to military children and teens, is honoring thirteen extraordinary Courageous Kids Contest winners in honor of the Month of the Military Child.
Our Military Kids announces thirteen Courageous Kids Contest winners in honor of the Month of the Military Child.
“We are thrilled to have received 500 nominations for extraordinary military kids during OMK’s third annual Courageous Kids Contest,” said Kara Dallman, OMK Executive Director and Navy Veteran. “It is an honor to spotlight military children and teens who are making an incredible impact at school, at home, in their communities, and in their extracurricular activities, especially while having a parent deployed or recovering from combat injuries.”
The contest winners are:
- Hidden Helper Hero: Nidia, 17, North Carolina
- U.S. Army: Madyson, 18, Ohio
- U.S. Navy: Lesley, 17, Washington
- U.S. Air Force: Catherine, 14, Florida
- U.S. Marine Corps: Kayla, 17, Arizona
- U.S. Coast Guard: Walker, 5, New York
- U.S. Army National Guard: Daniela, 16, Texas
- U.S. Army Reserve: Nikki, 13, California
- U.S. Navy Reserve: Monroe, 10, Maine
- U.S. Air National Guard: Conleigh, 13, North Carolina
- U.S. Air Force Reserve: Drake, 12, Ohio
- U.S. Marine Corps Reserve: Lily, 15, California
- U.S. Coast Guard Reserve: Billy, 16, Pennsylvania
OMK’s Courageous Kids Contest was made possible thanks to Presenting Sponsor Navy Federal Credit Union, whose employees volunteered on the contest’s Nomination Review Committee, and Star Sponsor CACI International.
“As the mom of two military kids, I know first-hand the duty of making sure they feel loved and cared for while their dad is away,” said Brandi Gomez, Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Program Manager for Navy Federal. “These grants from Our Military Kids help military children find joy when they need it most, and I’m grateful Navy Federal is part of it.”
Winners will each receive a $300 cash stipend, award certificate, and a Lenovo Tab M10 Plus tablet courtesy of RSM and Lenovo.