World Party Day on April 3rd encourages a coordinated effort of joyful human celebration around the globe.
The world gathers to celebrate for many reasons. Forming a party often includes food, beverages, music, games, and other festivities. Hosts often create a theme or the theme generates the party. Several common modern-day party themes include bachelor and bachelorette, birthday, retirement, anniversary, graduation and welcome home. Many other party themes focus on specific foods.
In our modern world, parties can also be virtual. We don’t always have to gather in the same location to celebrate a specific event or day. Technology brings us together through video and the internet allowing us to connect long-distance and celebrate all our favorite ways.
The novel Flight: A Quantum Fiction Novel, by Vanna Bonta published in 1995, which concludes with a synchronized worldwide celebration that occurs on April 3, 2000, is the inspiration for World Party Day. Gatherings can be small or large organized festivals.
HOW TO OBSERVE WORLD PARTY DAY
- Where ever you are, celebrate with friends and family. Pick a theme that best fits the day. We’ve created a list of fun ideas to invite friends to join you virtually. Go online and create a video chat or an event on social media to share your party.
- Make your own pizza party – Everyone makes their own creative pizza. Share the recipe with other party participants.
- Movie night party – Pick a movie that all your party invitees will be watching. Pop popcorn and grab your drinks. Everyone starts the movie at the same time and lets the comments fill the online event page.
- Trivia party night – Play online trivia in a video chat with friends and family.
- Dance party – Challenge friends to record their best dance moves and share them with each other.
- Game party – Hook up the gaming systems and invite friends and family to join you in the virtual world of games.
- Art party – Do it Bob Ross style and invite a local artist to demonstrate techniques for a group of your friends all through the power of the internet. Schedule your events around their already scheduled ones to show your support and appreciation.
- Take-out party – Pick your favorite restaurants and do a take-out party. Pick just appetizers or your favorite desserts. Everyone meet back at your respective homes and tune in to the event to share where you ordered from. Celebrate good times and good friends while giving a shout-out to the restaurants you love the most!
- Join the crowd and use #WorldPartyDay to share on social media.