On September 30, National Love People Day asks us to lift others up through the profound power of unconditional love.
The human condition is a limiting and varying thing. How and when and where we get to use it is vaguely and oddly defined. What is certain is a rollercoaster-filled life of celebrations and trials. National Love People Day tasks us to understand that unconditional love requires a dedication most human beings aren’t given. But, when we wholeheartedly love our neighbors with steadfast devotion, the world is a better place. It is the practical application of “love your neighbor as yourself.”
The word “unconditional” on its own is quite profound. Look at its synonyms: wholehearted, unqualified, unreserved, unlimited, unrestricted, unmitigated, unquestioning, complete, total, entire, full, absolute, unequivocal. Those words are dedicated, solid, and unwavering from their commitment to something. There are no boundaries or limitations with the word “unconditional.”
Add the word love, and the power of the phrase multiplies. So, on National Love People Day, offer kindness and care to the people in your community.
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL LOVE PEOPLE DAY
From a gentle word to the gift of needed resources, love provides all forms of support to the people in your community. Find ways to show unconditional love for your neighbors, colleagues, strangers, and your community.
- Volunteer – When you volunteer in your community, you do several things. You keep resources and dollars local. Your efforts help those in your immediate surroundings, lifting them up as you do. You also help create resources that demonstrate your love and that of your community.
- Share – Whether you share your bounty or praise others’ contributions to their community, you share a message of love and support for your fellow human beings.
- Give – Giving to others is an act of love. You may not have much to give, but sometimes people don’t need much more than companionship, information, advice, encouragement, or a hug. And all of those are free for the giving.
Use #NationalLovePeopleDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL LOVE PEOPLE DAY HISTORY
Lifeline Church, out of Chicago, Illinois, founded National Love People Day in 2017 to inspire the spirit of unconditional love as a national event to bring us all together. The day also honors the church’s founders, Pastors Reggividese and London Royal. Through the church, they show the Chicagoland area unconditional and unmerited love for more than ten years. The pair strongly believes that loving God means loving yourself and other people from all walks of life regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. The Royals have brought their vision to life with strategic acts of kindness through the church’s mission to show this love.
Reach Up, Reach In, and Reach Out:
- Give Love On Christmas Day– partnered with Warren Park Elementary School to provide Food, Clothing, and Christmas Gift to a family of six.
- Car Giveaway – Provided a single mother with a full-paid SUV.
- Extreme Makeover (Home Edition) – collaborated with independent contractors to remodel a home, inside and out, for a volunteer worker in the church.
- Love In Action – members went to the pride parade to show love by giving away free hugs and bottled water.
- Health & Fitness Weekend – parented with the Loyola Ronald McDonald Pediatric Mobile Unit and the National Kidney Foundation to provide FREE exams to those in the community.
- Gas Giveaway – Gave away $5,000.00 of FREE Gas to residents in the community.
- Mi Gracia Fest & Cicero Clean Up Day – Past participant of these Town of Cicero events.
- Town of Cicero – Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration – Has been the keynote speaker for this event on multiple occasions.
- Share The Warmth Coat Drive – Donated Winter Coats & Accessories to students at Goodwin Elementary School.
For more information and updates about National Love People Day, visit our website: www.nationallovepeopleday.com.
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed National Love People Day to be observed annually on September 30.+