World Caring Day
Each year on June 7, World Caring Day shines a spotlight on all the ways we connect and show each other we care. Afterall, we should always take time to celebrate the millions of acts of caring we see. All acts of caring, whether big or small, are important. Caring is continuous and happens every day through compassion, support, kindness and understanding.
In a world of many worries, one of the easiest ways to show love is by caring. We all experience times of crisis, illness or need. Sharing our journeys and becoming a part of a beautiful story in a segmented, cynical world recognizes and celebrates the people who care. When we take the time to notice, we see patience, understanding, kindness and encouragement from everyone around us.
Use World Caring Day to remind others to take the opportunity and practice caring. Now more than ever, we need to lean into caring for one another. Using this day as an opportunity to share your compassion shows genuine love and is a blessing. By sincerely asking how someone’s day went, it shows that you care, and can improve that person’s overall well-being.
Caring Around the World
Celebrating everyone as they share stories of caring recognizes and honors both those who care, and those who are cared for. On June 7th, we encourage everyone to rededicate themselves to recognizing, sharing and participating in acts of caring by:
- Asking how someone is doing with intent and meaning. Asking someone how they are to find out what is going on in their lives shows you care.
- Being mindful of the needs of others. Being alert and sensitive to what triggers your loved ones can help them navigate the shifts in their mood.
- Reconnecting online to catch up with your friends and family living far away or with those you haven’t spoken to in a long time reopens relationships.
- Making time for your loved ones. We know everyone gets busy but don’t become a stranger to your friends and family.
- Writing a note. You’ll be surprised by how big of an impact little notes of encouragement can have on the mood and well-being of others.
- Sharing your story! Head over to www.worldcaringday.org and share your story of caring for a loved one through a challenging health journey. You can also read stories of others to feel inspired.
- Joining the conversation by spreading the word. Sharing acts of kindness will boost the World Caring Day, especially when you use #WorldCaringDay on social media.