- This event has passed.
National Walking Day
The first Wednesday in April is National Walking Day and it encourages Americans of all ages to get out and stretch their legs and get their hearts pumping. The American Heart Association sponsors this day to remind people about the health benefits of taking a walk. Wear your sneakers (or take them with you) to work, and at some point in the day, take a 30-minute walk.
Here are some great ways to make that 30-minutes more enjoyable:
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Take a friend to pass the time.
- Make sure to stretch those muscles.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Move your arms, too.
- Make sure you have good posture.
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL WALKING DAY
- Take thirty minutes out of your day to go for a walk.
- Find a trail near you or walk around your neighborhood.
- You can also visit a local park or walk on your treadmill.
- Take your canine pals with you, too. They need the cardiovascular workout, too!
- When the family has finished their walk around the block or park, complete this fun word search puzzle.
- Use #NationalWalkingDay to post on social media.
Do you need some visual inspiration while walking on the treadmill? Take this walk along the beach.