- This event has passed.
National Mom and Pop Business Owners
National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day honors all small business owners each year on March 29th.
Small businesses are a vital part of the United States economy, and the critical role they play is sometimes overlooked. Consumers can show them their much-deserved appreciation by shopping locally and at small businesses.
- Give gift cards from your favorite small businesses to encourage others to shop there.
- Share their social media pages to improve their following.
- Talk about them. Word of mouth advertising is some of the best advertising small businesses get.
- Take their business cards and then recommend them to a friend.
- Be a repeat customer. Remember small businesses are the ones who also support local events and schools, too.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are more than 27 million small businesses in the United States.
Owning your own business is a goal that many people strive to attain. It takes long hours, hard work, and much dedication. Countless hours of nurturing the business are needed to grow the business. From starting out to building and expanding, a successful small business is the goal of every owner.
Some of these Mom and Pop shops are handed down from one generation to the next while others are new start-ups. “Mom and Pop” businesses offer superior customer service as the owners take personal pride in their operations as well as pride in their communities.
HOW TO OBSERVE MOM AND POP BUSINESS OWNERS DAY
- Support the privately owned small businesses in your communities by shopping and buying gift cards.
- Explore your community. You might discover new businesses and become a new customer.
- As you shop, give your favorite businesses a shout-out. Let them know you appreciate them and their services.
- The National Day Calendar Classroom also has projects to help you Celebrate Every Day!
- Read the Celebration Spotlight with Wesley Miller Smith.
- Use #MomPopBusinessOwnersDay to post on social media.