- This event has passed.
World Social Work Day
World Social Work Day on the third Tuesday in March recognizes the hard work and dedication of social workers. A global organization of social workers comes together for social justice, human rights, and social development all through the promotion of best practices in social work.
Social workers serve many roles in their communities. They assess their client’s needs and challenges. As advocates, they speak for their clients, getting them access to the resources they need to improve their lives. Social workers also respond to crisis situations.
They work in many settings, too. Social workers find positions in medical facilities, child welfare and human service agencies, and schools. They can also work in education, teaching new social workers.
World Social Work Day celebrates the achievements of social work globally and locally. It also recognizes the efforts of individuals who’ve chosen social work as a profession.
HOW TO OBSERVE WORLD SOCIAL WORK DAY
- Be sure to give a shout-out to social workers in your community.
- If you’re a social worker, share your experience.
- Attend a job fair and encourage future social workers.
- If you’re interested in becoming a social worker, learn more about their educational path.
- To find out more visit ifsw.org.
- And use #WSWD on all your social media posts throughout this day.