- This event has passed.
National I Want You to be Happy Day
National I Want You to be Happy Day on March 3rd encourages us to do something that makes others happy. It also asks us to see others’ happiness from their point of view. Putting a smile on someone’s face tends to put one on ours, too.
Happiness is the highest form of health. ~ Dalai Lama
Genuine happiness takes effort. While we’re not individually responsible for others’ happiness, we do play a role in spreading joy and good cheer. One way to do that is to see happiness from another person’s perspective. Happiness doesn’t fit a mold. Everything from being a morning person or a night owl, a favorite season and seafood can make or break a person’s general idea of happiness. A person’s overall journey through life gives them a unique outlook on happiness, too.
Being happy may merely be about quality, not quantity.
HOW TO OBSERVE #IWantYouToBeHappyDay
- Start the day with a happy thought and carry it with you throughout the day.
- Make someone smile. Give a flower or tell a silly knock-knock joke there.
- Buy the person’s coffee standing in line behind you.
- Remind your kids how much you love them.
- Leave a sticky note for a co-worker telling them to have a spectacular day, a happy day.
- Draw a happy face in the snow for a stranger to come across later. Give someone a hug.
- Consider someone else’s happiness from their point of view.
- Use #IWantYouToBeHappyDay to post on social media.