- This event has passed.
National Bucket List Day
April 24 celebrates National Bucket List Day to remind us it’s never too late to set new goals, go on a dream vacation, and inspire people around you to enjoy life to the fullest.
By definition, a bucket list is a list of things a person would like to do, but has never experienced before. Some people refer to them as milestones, while other people refer to them as goals. Whatever you call them, a bucket list is a list of things a person would like to accomplish before they die.
What Is A Bucket List?
A bucket list is the list you create to make the most out of life. It is a list of goals, dreams, and aspirations you would like to accomplish before you pass away. The basic meaning of a bucket list is to keep track of your goals by making yourself accountable to achieve all you want in life. The purpose of a bucket list is to encourage ourselves to accomplish goals within in a specific timeframe.
Our time on earth is short. Very few of us pause to think about how we spend what time we have. Creating a bucket list can help you live your life to the fullest. It also gives you the opportunity to appreciate the life you have and reflect on the good things to come.
Bucket List Ideas
A bucket list can be anything you want it to be. Your bucket list should reflect your interests. In fact, we’re guessing there are no two lists alike. If you are a simple person, create a bucket list that reflects the simple pleasures in life. If you gravitate towards extravagant things or love to travel, your list will more than likely consist of ideas that require more of a financial investment.
Simple Bucket List Ideas
- Graduating from high school or college.
- Having children.
- Buying a home.
- Becoming a freelance photographer.
- Participating in a painting club.
Extravagant Bucket List Ideas
- Go on a cruise.
- Visit the Rainforest.
- Visit all the continents in the world.
- Visit historical landmarks across the country.
- Ride a hot air balloon.
Travel Bucket List
- Travel to Europe.
- See the ancient Mayan ruins.
- Visit Egyptian tombs.
- Travel Route 66.
- Visit all the state parks in North America.
Living a life of gratitude is key to living a well-rounded life, full of happiness and satisfaction. Gratitude allows you to find every day moments and turn them into long-term fulfillment. Completing items on your bucket list will help you realize the opportunity you have been given as you experience life-changing moments you thought might never happen. Enjoy the ride and show gratitude for the adventure you have in this life.
- Be brave and have some fun by learning to paint, drive a race car, skydive, surf, or jump off a cliff.
- Sample local food and drink during your travels.
- Create a bucket list with a friend that you both can enjoy.
- Watch the movie Bucket List, staring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.
- Pay it forward with a bucket list that allows you to donate time to an orphanage, local soup kitchen, or food pantry.
- Share your videos and photos on social media from your bucket list adventures using #NationalBucketListDay.